4121 posts tagged submission
PNMs please check out these excellent TIPS directly from a real life House Mom who knows first hand what’s what ~
So, you’re going through Sorority Recruitment in the next few weeks?
No matter what anyone tells you, and no matter how frazzled you may feel leading up to it, you are embarking upon one of the greatest adventures of your life!
You are leaving your family, your friend group, your high school, and your hometown… and you are setting out to find a new family, a new home, and a sisterhood that will welcome you with open arms.
With your new sisters by your side, you will feel love that you never knew that you needed, you will challenge yourself to live up to creeds and mottos that will become near and dear to your heart, and you will wonder how you ever lived without all of it.
♥ But before all of this happens, can I challenge you to do something?
- Stop worrying.
- Stop worrying about being the first person in your family to Go Greek.
- Stop worrying about friends, boyfriends or family members that don’t understand or support your decision to become a member of a sorority.
- Stop worrying that you won’t find a home because you don’t look or act like a stereotypic sorority girl. Sisterhood knows no particular size, shape, or shade of skin.
- Instead of worrying, dare yourself to believe.
- Believe that you will find a chapter that is a perfect fit.
- Understand that finding a sorority that is a perfect fit isn’t necessarily going to be your #1 choice, or a chapter that is in the ‘top tier’. Many sorority women can tell you that they found happiness, love and acceptance in a chapter that was their 2nd or 3rd choice.
- Be loyal. Be loyal to your sisters. Be loyal to your values.
Dare yourself to believe in the endless possibilities that lie ahead of you this year… and for the next four years!! <3
submitted by: Sorority House Mom Erika