HAPPY new members of Alpha Gamma Delta~Zeta Alpha Chapter (Eastern Michigan University)!
submitted by: pink1234star
throw what you know ~ NYU zetas go country!
i couldn’t agree more! although i still like pledges too. “new member” is just not sweet, loving or endearing in any way.
ba·by [bey-bee] noun, plural ba·bies, adjective, verb, ba·bied, ba·by·ing.
1. an infant or very young child.
2. a newborn or very young animal.
3. the youngest member of a family, group, etc.
4. an immature or childish person.
5. a human fetus.
Hello there! I am trying to think of some good New Member activities that I could incorporate into my New Member Education plans for the upcoming semester, and I have some, but I'm getting a little stuck with some meaningful ones. What would you suggest to enrich the New Member process and create a sense of trust and sisterhood between the New Members and the Active Sisters?
please check out the posts filed under: “ice-breaker” and “party” or “social”. there are party themes there, but you will also find lots of games/activities that are great for team building & getting to know one another better.
i think working on a project together is another way to bond. start a new tradition in your chapter that unites the new members & actives. for example, i really like the custom painted chapter chairs. in teams, actives can help the pledges to paint their future chair. incorporate sorority symbols and explain the meanings behind them. leave part of the chair unfinished to be completed after initiation.
or host a craft night where everyone decorates a special plaque or canvas for their rooms. assign teams of actives & new members to work on this unique project together. mix it up, so pledges get to know more girls in the chapter. award prizes for “most outrageous”, “messiest craft station”, “most creative”, “most artistically challenged”, etc… casual fun can translate to a tighter sisterhood too.
sister teamwork = stronger bonds!
thank you chi o connect for this good advice!
- Get involved. What you put in is what you’ll get out.
- Try to get to know your pledge class, you’re going to be together for the next four years.
- Take everything in. You’re going to be learning so much.
- Learn the symphony. Love the symphony. Live the symphony.
- Get crazy excited over Big Little Week!
- Enjoy every second of being an owl baby!
- Don’t be scared for initiation!
- Get excited to become a sister!
cute ASA pledge class craft ;)