When giving a graduation gift to one of your sisters, you want to go easy on the greek letters and sorority swag, but still make it sentimental and personal. A sorority grad gift should be in keeping with your chapter’s personality and reflect the interests of your graduating sister.
Think ahead to your sister’s future ~ or commemorate your past together. Gifts can feature your chapter colors, symbols or flower without splashing greek letters all over the place. After graduation she may not wear letters everyday, but the sorority will stay in her heart forever…
♡ 20 sorority grad giftie ideas: ♡
- A set of monogrammed cosmetic bags, or a tote bag in your sorority colors.
- Monogrammed ice bucket and bottle of your sister’s favorite wine.
- Help her get ‘career ready’ with a monogrammed, or designer, ipad cover, laptop case, or iphone case.
- For her new apartment ~ a custom cutting board, tray, coasters, or tumblers. Think Lilly, or a version with your sorority symbols and her monogram.
- Set of 4 wine glasses and crafted tile coasters ~ paint your own special design on the glasses and decoupage the coasters.
- Wood monogram wall decor in her favorite lilly pattern or sorority colors. Perfect decor for her new home after graduation.
- Jewelry that represents your mascot, symbols, jewel, or flower. This is a nice way for a grad to keep her greek spirit without being “too” sorority in the work place. For example ~ a fleur de lis, anchor, quatrefoil, kite, sailboat, crown, etc…
- if you know your sister’s address following graduation, a gift basket with customized stationery would be fun. Order cute return address labels, note cards, note pad and a stamper in your chapter colors, or favorite pattern/symbol/mascot.
- Monogrammed or sorority Tervis tumbler and a colorful beach towel for the summer ahead. Create a summer-sun basket by adding a couple of good books and a pair of new sunglasses.
- A classy key fob, coin purse, or ceramic box from Tiffany & co. One elegant item can make an strong statement!
- Commemorative gift ~ a large framed photo collage of all your chapter memories. Or a handcrafted memo board with several photos, a meaningful quote and special song lyrics attached.
- Have a seamstress or quilt company create a sorority tee shirt quilt, or large tee shirt pillow, from your sister’s collection of greek tees.
- Create a personal and sentimental mix of “your songs” from your wild & crazy good times. Or shoot a personal video of chapter memories. Interview all her favorite sisters and have them wish her good luck (like a wedding reception video).
- Build a 'those were the days' scrapbook of your time together in the sorority. Include lots of photos, invitations, trinkets and keepsakes. This can be done completely “online” with digital photos, or purchase an album and create a “paper” version!
- Pampering basket ~ after a grueling 4 years in college, your sister could use some gifties to relax. Include hair care, facial products, nail polish, make-up, perfume, etc.. Spoil your sister with the sweetest beauty and skin care treats.
- Design a unique graphic and text of your favorite song lyrics, motto, or quote ~ the one that you shared as sorority sisters ~ then frame your art print as a one of a kind gift.
- Tickets to fun ~ plan a get-together during the summer, like a day at Disneyland, or attending a favorite concert. Gift your sister with the tickets and plans to have a blast in the future.
- You can’t go wrong with anything in sterling silver, crystal, gold or pearls. Purchase a special keepsake that your sister will treasure forever, then add a message from the heart. For example, give her a small crystal clock with a note about the time you spent together in the chapter, and the time together that lies ahead.
- After college your sister will need to do more cooking and entertaining. Give her a unique cookbook, cocktail recipe book and/or party planning book. Theme it for extra fun ~ retro, southern, single girl, exotic, or her favorite ethnic food. For example, if she always loved margaritas during college, give her a Mexican cookbook, fancy margarita mix and a couple of special glasses.
- if your sister collects a certain “character” like frogs, pigs, teddy bears, minnie mouse, etc… embellish her favorite collectible in graduation fashions. For example, dress a plush toy frog in a grad cap, stole and diploma. A cute, custom, collectible grad gift!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡