when giving a graduation gift to one of your sisters, you want to go easy on the greek letters and sorority swag, but still make it sentimental and personal. a sorority grad gift should be in keeping with your chapter’s personality and reflect the interests of your graduating sister.
think to your sister’s future, or commemorate your past together. gifts can feature your chapter colors, symbols or flower without splashing greek letters all over the place. after graduation she may not wear letters everyday, but the sorority will stay in her heart forever…
♡ 20 sorority grad giftie ideas: ♡
- a set of monogrammed cosmetic bags, or a tote bag in your sorority colors.
- monogrammed ice bucket and bottle of your sister’s favorite wine.
- help her get ‘career ready’ with a monogrammed, or designer, ipad cover, laptop case, or iphone case.
- for her new apartment ~ a custom cutting board, tray, coasters, or tumblers. think lilly, or a version with your sorority symbols and her monogram.
- set of 4 wine glasses and crafted tile coasters ~ paint your own special design on the glasses and decoupage the coasters.
- wood monogram wall decor in her favorite lilly pattern or sorority colors. perfect decor for her new home after graduation.
- jewelry that represents your mascot, symbols, jewel, or flower. this is a nice way for a grad to keep her greek spirit going without being “too” sorority in the work place. for example ~ a fleur de lis, anchor or crown.
- if you know your sister’s address following graduation, a gift basket with customized stationery would be fun. order cute return address labels, note cards, note pad and a stamper in your chapter colors or favorite pattern/symbol/mascot.
- monogrammed tervis tumbler and a colorful beach towel for the summer ahead. create a summer-sun basket by adding a couple of good books and a pair of new sunglasses.
- a classy key fob, coin purse or ceramic box from tiffany & co. one elegant item can make an strong statement!
- commemorative gift ~ a large framed photo collage of all your chapter memories. or a handcrafted memo board with several photos, a meaningful quote and special song lyrics attached.
- have a seamstress create a tee shirt quilt or large tee shirt pillow.
- create a personal and sentimental mix of “your songs” from your wild & crazy good times. or, a personal video of memories. interview all her favorite sisters and have them wish her good luck (like a wedding reception video).
- build a ‘those were the days’ scrapbook of your time together in the sorority. include lots of photos, invitations, trinkets and keepsakes.
- pampering basket ~ after a grueling 4 years in college, your sister could use some gifties to relax. include hair care, facial products, nail polish, perfume, etc.. spoil your sister with the sweetest treats.
- design a unique graphic and text of your favorite song lyrics, motto or quote ~ the one that you shared as sorority sisters. then frame your art print as a one of a kind gift.
- tickets to fun ~ plan a get-together during the summer, like a day at disneyland or attending a favorite concert. gift your sister with the tickets and plans to have a blast.
- you can’t go wrong with anything in sterling silver, crystal, gold or pearls. purchase a special keepsake your sister will treasure forever, then add a message from the heart. for example, give her a small crystal clock with a note about the time you spent together in the chapter, and the time that lies ahead.
- after college your sister will need to do more cooking and entertaining. give her a unique cookbook, cocktail recipe book and/or party planning book. theme it for extra fun ~ retro, southern, single girl, exotic, or her favorite ethnic food.
- if your sister collects a certain item, like frogs, pigs, teddy bears, etc… embellish her favorite collectible in graduation fashion. for example, dress a stuffed frog in a grad cap, stole and diploma. a cute & custom grad gift!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡