sisterhood retreats can vary in length, time & location, but all should include some fun games and sisterhood bonding exercises ~ plus special entertainment! these ideas can work for a class retreat, or an full chapter event:
❤ 10 FUN SORORITY RETREAT IDEAS: ❤
- theme weekend ~ with costumes, decorations, skits & games. for example a weekend at hogwarts, whoville, never-never land, barbie dream house, disney princess castle, woodstock, oz, titanic, etc.
- water world ~ book a river cruise, lake cruise or harbor cruise.
- happy & healthy ~ rent out a gymnastics center or gym for a day of exercise and bonding. have a yoga instructor lead a class. invite a nutritionalist to speak to the chapter about healthy eating. have the girls make organic ‘homemade’ beauty products. serve fresh fruit smoothies and build-your-own-salads.
- amusing amusement park ~ nothing beats a chapter retreat at disneyland or disney world. universal studios, 6 flags, sea world & knott’s berry farm can also be fun. include a photo scavenger hunt. play bonding games in the park.
- mega museum tour ~ hit all the museums or art galleries in town. include an art search game that requires teams to work together to locate certain pieces of art. invite an artist to give the chapter painting lessons, and everyone paints a sorority still life of your symbols and flowers. hold an art themed dinner in the evening, which includes your sorority ‘art show’.
- day at the zoo ~ divide the group into animal teams complete with animal ears and/or costumes. play bonding games throughout the zoo. book a behind the scenes tour or special animal feeding. have a sorority picnic with box lunches.
- minor league fun ~ go sporty with a day at your local minor league baseball field. wear team tee shirts, eat hot dogs and cheer the team to victory. if you can, arrange to meet the team before or after the game. if the team is having a special fundraiser, or philanthropy event, have the chapter participate. this could be a nice publicity opportunity for the sorority. you may be able to arrange for a sister to sing the national anthem too.
- broadway babies ~ plan a theater themed retreat. take in a fabulous musical, broadway show, or dramatic play. a ballet production, concert or fashion show would also be fun. arrange to meet the cast or dancers backstage. theme your retreat around the show you will be seeing.
- 12 hour lockdown ~ in your own sorority house. watch chick flicks, have a board game tournament, order takeout food, give each other facials, and do trust building/bonding activities.
- a chocoholic’s dream ~ all chocolate all weekend! make your retreat all about chocolate. chocolate chip waffles, pancakes, cupcakes & cookies, chocolate shakes, brownies, candy, etc….. who can resist? craft ’sorority houses’ out of chocolate, play chocolate trivia games, experiment with crazy chocolate recipes, host a blindfolded chocolate tasting contest. the creative chocolate ideas are numerous!