pretty in paisley ✿
it’s important for every sorority to boost moral and keep chapter spirits high! recognize your sisters, make them smile and spread sisterhood cheer with these sorority sugar sunshine ideas ~
❀✿ top 20 sunshine & spirit inspirations: ❀✿
- sister of the week: at each chapter meeting, one sister is selected to receive compliments from all the other sisters. these can be placed in a “snap cup” by passing it around to the members.
- achiever of the week: chapter meeting recognition of one sister who has gone above and beyond to help the sorority that week.
- sunshine bulletin board: spotlight spirited sisters on a specially designed corkboard. post weekly inspirational quotes, share sorority art and other visually inspiring pieces.
- weekly treat delivery: surprise your sisters with random room delivery of candy or other favorite chapter treats. theme the candy to your sorority and make unpredictable “sisterhood fairy” deliveries.
- chapter book of wisdom: interview your sisters and ask them what the sorority means to them. compile the quotes, inspiration and short stories into a book to be shared in the future with new members. make it extra special by adding a few photographs and creating a hardback version via an online website.
- once a month crazy trophy: create a silly trophy for a unique spirit award each month. theme the trophy to the behavior each time. for example ~ a plunger shaped trophy for the sister who solved a plumbing problem, a crown for the sister who won homecoming queen, a giant pencil for the sister who was published in the campus newspaper, etc…
- compose a special chapter song or poem: write a one-of-a-kind tribute to the sorority, or enlist the help of a talented sister who can write the verse. stage a performance of the new song or host a special poetry reading.
- send flowers: bethoughtful to other greeks on campus, alumnae, chapter guests and sisters for every extra important occasion. celebrate successes, say special thanks and respectfully remember RIPs. the not so happy events should be recognized with respect and dignity.
- monthly sunshine banner: paint a super cute banner to display your spirit message of the month, wish your sisters good luck, inspire the membership, or spotlight your most spirited sisters.
- mail a family letter: without telling the spotlighted sister, mail a letter of praise to her family back home. this extra touch will mean a lot to her family and to the sister too.
- create a celebration calendar: craft a large/framed wall calendar and hang it in a central place in the sorority house. use colorful post-it notes to tag daily recognitions, encouragements and inspirations.
- personalized sunshine: with custom/DIY design websites, it’s so easy to create a one-of-kind gift for a special sister. order a personalized tee shirt, mug or tote bag especially for a sunshine sister. use funny photos in your design too.
- pass a token: create a unique sorority mascot ‘spirit stick type’ token that can be passed from sister to sister each week for having a great attitude, or doing special things for the chapter. this object should be funny, uplifting and highly desired.
- sunshine slogan of the semester: each sunshine chair should create a PR slogan for the semester or for the year. this theme should be carried through to social media posts, awards, announcements, etc. for example "our teamwork, makes ZTA dreamwork.", "become what you dream with Theta", "believe you can with DZ" "if you can dream it, you can achieve it with KKG", etc.
- chapter newsletter: create a one sheet sunshine newsletter to be slipped into everyone’s mail cubbies once a month or quarterly. keep news only happy and bright. this publication is meant to spread cheer, not for nagging or complaints.
- birthday bliss: recognize every sister’s birthday on all your sorority social media. create a special graphic “frame” to take your birthday posts to the next level. show special love within the sorority too. balloons are super cheap and always make a birthday more fun. a monthly birthday banner, or fun poster with photos adds to the birthday tributes.
- establish a sorority anthem: all of the chapter songs and chants are wonderful, but having a special contemporary song for lifting spirits is a great idea. choose from songs such as “We Are the Champions”, “We Are Family”, “Girls Just Wanna to Have Fun”, “Lean on Me”, “Wind Beneath My Wings”… or another song that’s special to your sisterhood.
- chapter book exchange: set up a special shelf or two for sisters to share novels and other books they love and want to swap. this is even easier than a monthly book club. it’s more like a chapter library. no text books allowed, this exchange is just for fun and relaxation.
- lunch & learn: several times a year, schedule an inspirational speaker or interesting lesson along with a box lunch picnic. have an expert motivate your sisters or teach them something new like a craft, dance or self defense. invite alums to share in this activity too.
- bestow inexpensive blessings: lift moral by awarding treats that don’t cost the chapter very much (or nothing) ~ but make members happy. for example, breakfast in bed, a hand car wash, prime parking spot, seat of honor at a meeting or special event, recognition on campus or outside the sorority house, standing ovation at a meeting, home cooked dinner delivered by an alum, fresh coffee delivery for a week, specially decorated paper crown, chapter portrait signed by all the members, top to bottom dorm room cleaning, “free passes” from a chapter requirement or a special chapter privilege granted!